Monday 8 December 2014

Hi there!

...And thank you for stumbling across my blog! Allow me to introduce myself: my name is Tom Boddy, I'm from Milton Keynes in South-East England and I'm a wine lover. It's been far too long since I decided to start writing a wine blog, but I've finally bitten the bullet and taken the plunge into the world of online opinion-sharing (so please play nicely!).

My love of wine stems from family holidays to the south of France in my teenage years. (Incidentally, my earliest memories of the noble beverage involve observing, with some amusement, the older members of my family getting through copious amounts of sherry over the festive season, but maybe more of that another time!). I distinctly remember arriving at a small gîte in the lovely coastal resort of Gruissan, Languedoc-Roussillon, to find a handsome bottle of Château Ricardelle Combemale Rouge 2010 awaiting us as an arrival gift. That night, under the fading Mediterranean sun, my Uncle Loz and I slurped away happily, exuding our shared pleasure at the wine’s many attributes and nuances and looking forward to the week’s holiday ahead. From that moment on, wine has continued to utterly captivate me, and I have strived ever since to recreate moments like the one I experienced in Gruissan. To this day, the lip-smacking, full-bodied reds of Languedoc-Roussillon continue to intrigue me, the Grenache, Carignan and Syrah grapes endure as my personal favourites, and my Uncle Loz remains my biggest influence and inspiration in the wonderful world of wine.

So I hope you enjoy reading my blog and future posts, where I intend to wax lyrical about all things wine in an informal, approachable and – with any luck – interesting manner. Please feel free to comment on, respond to and indeed contest any posts that arouse your interest; after all, wine appreciation is nothing if not opinionated. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment